Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wedding Week! (Part I: Tats are nasty)

Fine, we've been slacking - but now we're back with a vengeance to cover all things tacky! And I now have excellent fodder for a week's worth of writing as I attended the pinnacle of classy meets tacky this last weekend: a wedding.

No names will be provided, but there will be a picture or two.

Let's start out with a clearly obvious element of tack: tattoos. Sure, they seem like a good idea at the time - you're young, you're wild, you're free - but ladies, one day you will be asked to put on an elegant bridesmaid dress, and no one wants to see that nasty tat you thought was awesome when you were 19. Exhibit A: angle wings? Seriously?



The best part about this photo is that all the bridesmaids were told to wear the accompanying shawl SPECIFICALLY to cover the nasty tat in the church, and here we see it - full on exposure.

Tacky. Tacky. Tacky.

1 comment:

  1. Oh ABT you are so witty. I love the focus. I love the charm. I love that you went to a wedding where the tatto INTERFERED with the classiness of the purple satin/silk chantong dresses WITH matching shawls. I love America. So does God.

    ReplyDelete