Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wedding Week! (Part II: Guest Attire)


What is this? I think I can kinda see where her train of thought was going... "I know, I'll wear a lovely floral print to this spring wedding. And the skirt just isn't enough - we'll do the top, too."

But the end effect? There were more flowers on this dress than there were in the whole wedding. Just like you don't wear a jean jacket with the same tone jeans (ew, denim sandwich) you should also not wear the same print blouse with the same print skirt. It's tacky, you look like you've been attacked by fabric, and people like me point out how awkward you look.

1 comment:

  1. I have dream! One day I too will be able to wear a floral mu mu (skirt and top?) to a wedding where I not only consume cake, but i steal the wedding cake and put it with me inside my mu mu. SO handy! So fashionable!

    Food for thought? Would half a mu mu be less tack than a whole mu mu? Discuss.

    ReplyDelete