Saturday, February 28, 2009

One Classy (First) Lady


FANTASTIC! BRILLIANT! OUTSTANDING! I'm speaking, of course, of Michelle Obama's recently released portrait. I can't say enough about this classy lady, so, of course, I'm going to try:


1. She looks great. Pearls? Check. American designer? Check (Michael Kors, and BTW I suspect we wear the same size, so Mr. Kors if you need someone to wear the extra clothes you made for Mrs. Obama, I'll pinch hit). Super fab first lady arms? Check and check.


2. She's a good mom. Her kids seem nice, she dresses them in J.Crew, and most certainly has taught them not to be dependant on a man (I presume, as she was the big earner for a long time, and the mainstay parent while Mr. Prez was winning the White House).


3. She's smart. Like seriously smart. Like move-things-with-her-mind-(myfavorite) Ivy League(s)-educated-while-appropriately-accessorizing-while-backseat-driving-the-country-Smart. I dig that. Also, she's not smart-crazy (yes, I'm speaking of you Phyllis Schafley), or smart-foul mouthed, or smart-loose cannon (you know who you are Samantha Power).


4. This lady is classy. Madonna, take note.

3 comments:

  1. Oh TP! You've done it again. So witty, so subtle. A masterful post. Truly an excellent contribution the blogosphere. Bravo! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, TP! How do we actually find a way to hang out with her in real life? She's so amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still say there's room for improvement.

    ReplyDelete