Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sticky Tack

Bad breath is bad manners, and I fully encourage all remedial action, but what could be tackier than the open-mouthed snapping of your gum?

I once heard Oprah talk about how she wouldn't let anyone with chewing gum into her house as a guest. Oprah, I love you. I might not go that far, but I absolutely get where you're coming from.

I mean - have you ever tried to have a conversation with someone who chews gum with their mouth part-way open, snap, snap, snapping away? It's like watching a cow chew cud. And you can't stop staring... And then, oh and then, there is the playing with your gum. Why on earth would you think it's attractive or sexy to pull out something you're CHEWING with your finger in the middle of public? It's nasty and tacky.

So ladies and gentlemen, by all means - chew some gum. Freshen your breath, curb your hunger, and get a pick-me-up. But please - do not share it with the rest of us.

1 comment:

  1. Britney chews gum on T.V. Generally speaking, ladies, we want to consider the choices that Ms. Spears makes, and then do the opposite.

    ReplyDelete